Wednesday 3 June 2015

Complaint letter

Business Writing

Write a letter for the following situation. Your letter should:

• contain the necessary elements of a business letter (e.g., name, address, opening salutation, body, closing paragraph, complimentary closing)
• include the reason for the letter and relevant information
• use the appropriate degree of formality
• have no spelling, grammar or punctuation mistakes

Situation 1:

You purchased a dishwasher from a large department store. When the dishwasher was delivered, you hired a plumber to install it for you. The cost of the installation was $375.00. However, the first time you tried to use the machine, it did not work. The store offered to replace the dishwasher, but the salesperson you spoke to on the phone said that the company would not cover the cost of installing a new dishwasher.


You task is to write a letter to the store stating why you think they should pay the installation fee on the new dishwasher.

Dear Sir/ Madam:
I am writing this letter to complain about my new dishwasher which I have purchased at your store last week.
It costed me $375.00 to hire a plumber to install the dishwasher when it was delivered to my house. However, the machine did not work when I tried to use for the first time. Anyway, your store offered me to replace the dishwasher, but the salesperson spoke to me on the phone and said that the company could not cover the cost of installing a new dishwasher.
I am requesting for the payment of the installation fee on the new dishwasher, because I already paid the fee of installation for the not-working – dishwasher. So it is not fair for me to pay the fee again.
Your immediate attention would be very much appreciated.
Sincerely,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment