Thursday 25 June 2015

Goal-Setting Model


Tuesday, 23 June 2015
http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/9138670_f520.jpg

Good morning everyone,
Goal-Setting Model
A mentee must formulate goals to travel the road to success. The SMART guidelines can help to set effective goals. 


SMART
S-Specific -- A goal of graduating from high school is too general. Specify how this will be accomplished. (Study more in order to receive better grades.)  
M-Measurable -- Establish criteria for how a goal is to be achieved. Measurable does not refer to a timeline; it means determining a way to measure the mentee's success in completing the long-range goal.
A-Action-oriented -- Be proactive in taking action that will result in reaching the desired goal.
R-Realistic -- Strive for attainable goals, considering the resources and constraints relative to the situation.
T-Timely -- Allow reasonable time to complete each goal, but not so much time the mentee loses focus or motivation.
Here is a great list of adjectives that you can use to describe your abilities and your goals.
Open this link and use this vocabulary to follow the next tasks:
1.              Write a short paragraph to portray your skills, abilities, and goals.
2.              Present it to one or two of your peers, and then ask for their feedback.
3.              Lastly, add the feedback on your blog.

My name is Melissa, and my specialty is an elementary teacher. Some of my professional accomplishments that I had in my past job in my back home included conscientiousness, for example, I put a lot of effort into what I did to make sure I completed my job well and on time. I am a team player, I am so happy to collaborate with other people on the same projects. Moreover, I pride myself in being honest because I believe it is very important to become a qualified teacher. So my goal in the future is keeping working with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment